Everything related to MRT tools
Post a reply

Corrupted data (PDF, SLXS) after recovery with MRT

May 7th, 2023, 20:27

WD 10SPZX no physical damage it started working very slow. the client need certain files which I used MRT file explorer to find and save but most of the pdf and SLXS are corrupted and can not be opened. I was wondering if there is a way to repair them. I tried to open some of them with HxD and this is what I got.

will cloning the hard drive to another hard drive fix this problem?
Attachments
002.jpg
001.jpg

Re: Corrupted data (PDF, SLXS) after recovery with MRT

May 8th, 2023, 3:09

The 2nd file header seems to me its an excel file (healthy), but the file has a PDF extension
rename & try

May 9th, 2023, 17:01

perhaps drive reads from wrong location, so file repair will fail coz there is probably no good data in these files at all...

May 9th, 2023, 18:06

The "PK" signature denotes compression. What does 7Zip say when you try to open your file?

May 9th, 2023, 19:25

https://www.disktuna.com/repair-fix-a-c ... -write-up/

I have used the method with XLSX files too, assuming it's what you actually mean by SLXS.

May 11th, 2023, 6:40

einstein9 wrote:The 2nd file header seems to me its an excel file (healthy), but the file has a PDF extension
rename & try

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn't work. probably i need to fix the slow response issue and clone it.

May 11th, 2023, 6:41

pepe wrote:perhaps drive reads from wrong location, so file repair will fail coz there is probably no good data in these files at all...

yes I agree with you.

May 11th, 2023, 6:42

Arch Stanton wrote:https://www.disktuna.com/repair-fix-a-corrupt-word-document-quick-write-up/

I have used the method with XLSX files too, assuming it's what you actually mean by SLXS.

Thanks for the help. tried it on different files but no luck.

May 11th, 2023, 16:24

Adam112255 wrote:
pepe wrote:perhaps drive reads from wrong location, so file repair will fail coz there is probably no good data in these files at all...

yes I agree with you.

So then you need to recover them again and correctly this time.
Post a reply