Discussions related to PC-3000
Please no pirated software here!
Post a reply

Rosewood A5 identify heads / FW issue

April 25th, 2024, 5:04

Hi friends
I am unable to disable sector reallocation ,media cache & background process of a rosewood A5 hdd. After waiting patiently or 1 hour drive does not come to terminal or it loses readyness.
While trying to access sys file drive becomes busy. While tech mode unlocking reallocation starts ,in unlocked mode I can access terminal.
Do I will have to change heads ? Pls. help.
Attachments
mcmt.PNG
jjj.PNG
edit id.PNG
new3.PNG
new2.PNG
new 1.PNG

Re: Rosewood A5 identify heads / FW issue

April 25th, 2024, 5:26

Looks like your heads can't write to reallocate the bad sectors. If it was me I'd try editing system file 93 and see if the changes stick, if they don't more than likely heads can't write. After this it's up to you to try turning reallocation off in RAM or swap the heads and write it to the system file.

April 25th, 2024, 12:31

h1 doesn't read.
Additionally, WP for these drives is a must, especially for drives in this condition.
Having it being tortured for an hour was also not a good idea. I'd expect MD now. Sorry. :(

I'd examine the heads under microscope and then decide my next move.

April 26th, 2024, 8:13

northwind wrote:h1 doesn't read.
Additionally, WP for these drives is a must, especially for drives in this condition.
Having it being tortured for an hour was also not a good idea. I'd expect MD now. Sorry. :(

I'd examine the heads under microscope and then decide my next move.

Thank you so much northwind , I have learnt lesson that R & D efforts for an hour could be lethal for this family.I will be careful henceforth. :-D :good:

April 26th, 2024, 8:19

skinbob wrote:Looks like your heads can't write to reallocate the bad sectors. If it was me I'd try editing system file 93 and see if the changes stick, if they don't more than likely heads can't write. After this it's up to you to try turning reallocation off in RAM or swap the heads and write it to the system file.

Thanks a lot skinbob :-D :good:
Actually sys file 93 is unredable ,drive goes to non ready state ,I think head transplant is must for this case.
Since customer was needing single database file of 300mb and was having limited budget so I was trying to recover it on firmware level.

April 30th, 2024, 23:05

Anyone can solve this case in flat 4 minutes since you are unable to read system files properly.
PM me your details ,I will remotely solve it free of cost.

May 1st, 2024, 9:53

bunty wrote:Anyone can solve this case in flat 4 minutes since you are unable to read system files properly.
PM me your details ,I will remotely solve it free of cost.

Thanks a ton :D :good:
Post a reply