Discussions related to PC-3000
Please no pirated software here!
Post a reply

Hitachi HTS 5450B9A300 correct Family in PC3K

November 18th, 2023, 0:16

This hard disk is nowhere to be found in hitachi utility , which family I should select.
Attachments
HTS5450.PNG

Re: Hitachi HTS 5450B9A300 correct Family in PC3K

November 18th, 2023, 2:16

Hitachi-IBM and then custom families

November 18th, 2023, 4:15

But if you do not know what utility to open, what are you planning to do when you get sa access?
Seen 3 drives this week, where people with the right tools caused data loss, drive is just for training and not a client right?

November 18th, 2023, 5:47

digisupport wrote:But if you do not know what utility to open, what are you planning to do when you get sa access?
Seen 3 drives this week, where people with the right tools caused data loss, drive is just for training and not a client right?

First of all thank you digisupport
This is client disk ( a doctor) with important data. Though I am learning I will ensure that I will not cause any further damage.
I don't know how to access and work with SA (may be terminal adapater also might be needed)
I will be very cautious

November 18th, 2023, 5:48

melvin wrote:Hitachi-IBM and then custom families

Thank you melvin , at least now I can initialize drive with correct family. :good:

November 20th, 2023, 0:25

[quote="digisupport"]But if you do not know what utility to open, what are you planning to do when you get sa access?
Seen 3 drives this week, where people with the right tools caused data loss, drive is just for training and not a client right?[/quo
With proper family selection I have got access to modules / Zone allocation table ,and I have taken backup as well.
Most of the critical modules are ok. Disk has 4 heads & while imaging selected data disk makes screeching noise and readyness is lost.
I could not see anything in utility to work on SA .
Since modules can be read and are working can we conclude this is due to platter degradation ?
There is no way to check Heads in utility.
Attachments
5.PNG
1.PNG
5.PNG
Post a reply